Sciton Laser Skin Resurfacing
Our Sciton Profile Laser is the most advanced Erbium:YAG (Er:YAG) laser available today for full face laser resurfacing. This new advance in laser resurfacing technology allows us to dramatically rejuvenate your skin with fewer risks and less down time than the older CO2 laser resurfacing technology.
- Skin Rejuvenation – Micro Laser Peel™
- Wrinkle Treatment – including periorbital, perioral and deep skin peeling
- Pigmented Lesions – sun and age damage
- Treatment of Vascular Lesions – facial & leg veins spider veins, telangiectasia, rosacea, port wine stains, and more
- Acne scarring – atrophic acne scars, pitted acne scars, back acne
Sciton Micro Laser Peel
Micro Laser Peels with the Sciton laser precisely removes the outermost layer of the skin. We customize each treatment based on your skin condition. Skin conditions such as wrinkles, injury scars, acne scars, skin laxicity, keratosis, and pigment problems have been successfully treated with Sciton Micro Laser Peels. We produce dramatic results for men and women alike.
Prior to the Micro Laser Peel a topical anesthetic is applied for one hour to numb the skin. Then we will perform the treatment which will take about 20-30 minutes. We will instruct you on post laser skin care. After 2-3 days of redness the results are impressive and continue to improve for several months. This procedure can be repeated 1-2x a year, but just a single treatment yields substantial improvement.
The Sciton Micro Laser Peels will:
- Rejuvenate the skin
- Reduce fine wrinkles
- Rejuvenate sun-damaged skin on face, neck and shoulders
- Reduce age spots on the face
- Reduce blotchy skin coloring
- Improve acne scars and any other superficial scars
- Improve fine to moderate lines around eyes, forehead, and lips
- Reduce hyperpigmentation
Micro Laser Peel – 50 microns
Before and 4 days after
Before and after Sciton
Before and 7 days after second
There are three ways in which we perform the Erbium Laser Peel:
1. Arctic Peel: The Arctic Peel is a minimal downtime Erbium:YAG peel that is performed using a stream of cold air to chill the skin during the procedure. No anesthetic is required. Mild redness is expected afterwards and it is generally ok to return to work the following day. Arctic Peels are commonly performed in a series of 3, each 2 weeks apart.
2. Erbium Weekend Peel: Microlaser Peel: The Erbium Weekend Peel gets its name because of the typical 2-3 day downtime often associated with the procedure. With the controlled resurfacing associated with this more aggressive peel, one should expect tangible and visible reduction in sun damage and fine lines in the skin after one procedure, though it is sometimes necessary to perform it a second time, one to two months later for a patient with significant sun damage or signs of aging. Topical anesthetic is utilized for the procedure. Agents such as Aquaphor or Vaseline are then utilized for 2 days afterwards to keep the skin from drying out. After the first few days, non-comedogenic moisturizers may be utilized. Sunscreen application is important after all peels.
3. Laser Resurfacing: This process is much more controlled than a medium-depth chemical peel. You can expect visible results with only 5-7 days of healing. The skin continues to repair over the next 3 months and improvements in skin texture, fine lines and damage will continue over this time. This procedure needs only to be done once. Clients may use makeup after 3-5 days and sunscreen is a must.
Our erbium laser is perfect for treating skin conditions such as wrinkles, scars, acne scars and pigmentation problems. If you are looking to have more than microdermabrasion and have little time for a prolonged healing process, then this procedure can be tailored to meet your needs. You will experience smoother, healthier skin – $350 – $550
Laser resurfacing can soften wrinkles, treat pigmentation problems and make skin on hands, face and chest look younger. Consultation is required. Price based on treatment needs.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Debit or Cash, edicard Financing Available.
- Skin care consultations and treatment plans are free!
- Revised September 2008 – prices are subject to change without notice